I have never seen the musical, but I listen to the soundtrack literally ever chance I can. Whenever I have earbuds in, you could bet that I was listening to the beautiful, rhyming, rhythmic masterpieces written by Lin-Manuel Miranda.
If that helps to impress you: The musical has won ELEVEN Tonys this year alone, including Best Musical. Nominated for a record breaking sixteen. Saying that the music of this musical is my favorite would be an understatement. I have no words on how to describe, but I'll try. Okay, now think of rap music -- but good! Imagine rap music that is actually musical. Rap music that is good. Hip-Hop that doesn't make you want to shoot yourself in the head. It's- I have no words.
As you know, I am highly overreacting, but this is how it is for me. My dad is the only family member I have yet to convert to Hamiltonism. I think that I am close, however, due to the fact that he seems impressed by my newest interest in politics, and the knowledge I know posses about history and how our country was built.
I just sit here all day and listen to it! Heck, I'm listening to it now! Not joking, I swear I am. I'm listening to Non-Stop. One of my favorites; coming in second only to Wait For It. The only downside to the soundtrack is the cussing. There is the occasional bad-word, but nothing too major. However, the language is still there, so be warned.
IT IS JUST SO INTERESTING. OH WOW, I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPITALS. OKAY, SO YEAH. THE WHOLE SHOW JUST FLOWS. IF YOU LISTEN TO THE FIRST SONG AND JUST LISTEN TO THEM IN ORDER YOU BASICALLY HAVE THE WHOLE SHOW. IT'S SO AMAZING. IT'S SO GOOD, AND COOL AND CATCHY. AND YEAH. HERE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITE PICTURES FROM THE SHOW.
Lin-Manuel Miranda starring as Alexander Hamilton
The famous Schuyler Sisters
More Schuyler Sisters
Daveed Diggs starring as Thomas Jefferson and Lafayette.
~More to come, stay tuned!
(Also from Hamilton: My Shot)






Amanda-- Be honest. Do you like Hamilton?
ReplyDelete